Saturday, April 11, 2015

Tell the whole world about My mercy and My love.



"Tell the whole world about My mercy and My love. The flames of mercy are burning Me. I desire to pour them on human souls. Oh, what pain they cause Me when they do not want to accept them! ... do whatever is within your power to spread devotion to My mercy. I will make up for what you lack. Tell aching mankind to snuggle close to My merciful Heart, and I will fill it with peace. Tell [all people] that I am Love and Mercy itself." (Diary, 1074) - Jesus to St. Faustina

Some priests I've known have said this devotion is out of place in the Octave of Easter, since we just came from Lent and Holy Week's emphasis on the Passion of Christ - Easter week should be celebratory.  I don't think the devotion detracts from the joy of Easter at all.  I think we can forget that when Jesus appeared to the Disciples, he often reminded them of his Passion and how necessary it was for him to suffer all of those things in order to enter into his glory.  Beginning with Moses and the prophets, interpreting to them all that referred to him in the Scriptures.

Likewise, the Second Sunday of Easter is all about the forgiveness of sins, as well as his holy wounds - testimony to his sorrowful Passion.  So, it seems to me the devotion is perfectly situated on the evening of the first day of the week - the Second Sunday of Easter.

Jesus, I trust in you.  You yourself established and confirmed this Solemnity.

3 comments:

  1. I can attest to the merciful love and infinite patience of Christ Jesus. He raised me up from the dead when all I wanted to do was to die. I lived in a pitch black ditch for the longest time and the pain I felt in my chest was real and heavy and it isolated me from the people who loved me. I lived on automatic function, never truly alive.

    One day a friend said to me, "you need help." I started to cry. She referred me to devout Catholic Charismatic whom I will never forget. It was her faith, her love of God and His Church and her wisdom that helped me, healed me and brought me back to living again.

    I know our Lord Jesus was working through her. She first encouraged me to return to confession, to pray the rosary, and to start attending Mass. I attended healing Masses too and there, many times over, I experienced the mercy of Christ Jesus, fully alive.

    I owe my life to Christ, to the Church and to my friend, Judith.

    Let us never lose hope in the infinite mercy of God. Life itself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yaya. That is a great conversion story - I'm glad you shared it.

      Delete
  2. I've been talking with a young friend about predestination. Sadly, she believes some people were made specifically to go to hell (Romans 9:22) and free will does not extend to them. I am trying to communicate what and Who Divine Mercy is - please pray for her!

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.