Sunday, April 05, 2015

On the evening of the first day of the week ... John 20:19

ISIS is reportedly in Damascus this Easter.

"Look! Don’t you see many roads, paths and fields full of people 
crying of hunger, not having anything to eat?
. . . And the Holy Father in a Church praying next to the Heart of Mary?"
- Bl. Jacinta Marto


Jesus, I trust in you!


Once, while driving home after Mass one day, I imagined I encountered Christ with masses of people behind him, populating rolling hills as far as the eye could see - it reminded me of the passage in the Book of Revelation (7:9):  "After this I had a vision of a great multitude, which no one could count, from every nation, race, people, and tongue. They stood before the throne and before the Lamb, wearing white robes and holding palm branches in their hands."  I imagined that I fell to my knees and begged for His mercy.

It was only flash of my imagination - lasting less than an instant - but the sudden, unexpected 'meditation' generated great confidence in the Divine Mercy.



"My Heart overflows with great mercy for souls,

especially for poor sinners.

It is for them that the Blood and Water

flowed from my heart as from a fount

overflowing with mercy. For them

I dwell in the tabernacle as King of Mercy."



Prayers for the persecuted, those facing martyrdom.

Then one of the elders spoke up and said to me, “Who are these wearing white robes, and where did they come from?”  I said to him, “My lord, you are the one who knows.” He said to me, “These are the ones who have survived the time of great distress; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. 
“For this reason they stand before God’s throne
and worship him day and night in his temple. 
The one who sits on the throne will shelter them. 
They will not hunger or thirst anymore,
nor will the sun or any heat strike them. 
For the Lamb who is in the center of the throne will shepherd them
and lead them to springs of life-giving water,
and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.”
- Revelation 7

No comments:

Post a Comment


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.