Monday, April 06, 2015

Why men don't go to Mass



Church ladies.

At the Easter vigil, I said hello to a woman I hadn't seen for awhile and she told me she was recovering from the flu and some other problems - which explained her cane.  I told her I was glad she was feeling better and wished her a happy Easter.

But then.

She had to ask how I was and I mentioned I had eye surgery and everything was fine.  She asked if I've been painting.  I mentioned I was in a slump and hadn't worked on anything lately.  (I must have told her once that I was a painter.)

She immediately diagnosed me with depression and began to tell me about her experience with it - over 20 years ago.  The entrance procession was beginning and she couldn't go into detail - so she invited me to visit her and gave me her telephone number. Today she called.  I didn't pick up.  I didn't listen to the message.

Geez!  You try to be nice to people.

I may have to move.

What?

So glad it's over.


8 comments:

  1. So that's why you didn't pick up when I called! I'm sure you're depressed. How could you not be?

    What?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I'm like Hyacinth's next door neighbor.

      Delete
  3. She just wanted to invite you to a candlelight supper with riparian entertainments. Plus.she wanted you to meet her son Sheridan and his disinterested friend Tarquin to do manly things..like crocheting tea cozies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "and his disinterested friend Tarquin" that is insanely funny. There needs to be a sitcom about that. That is hysterical.

      Delete
    2. I'm still laughing.

      Delete
  4. +JMJ+

    Extraverts . . .

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.