"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

"Oh dear! Oh dear! I shall be too late!"



This morning I suddenly realized Christmas is less than a week away!  I've got stuff to do!

3 comments:

  1. I mailed out my few little cards and yesterday I put up our tree - the new and improved smaller one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still so sad about the killings - everything stopped last Friday - all my projects, cards, decorations. Maybe I'll get it together today.

      Delete
  2. I keep thinking of the final scene in Zefferelli's Romeo and Juliet, where the prince shouts out, "And I, for winking at your discords too, have lost a brace of kinsmen. All are punished. All are punished!"
    -Julie

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.