"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Guys in capes...


Well it's really a coat, only worn like a cape.  Notice how it looks?  Notice the attitude of the wearer. 
.
Photo credit:  Sartorialist

4 comments:

  1. The world is full of Anthony Blanches - fabulous posers. One doesn't need a cape nor the overcoat worn as such to deliberately look pretentious - a simple beret will do. (Alas, the cache of the beret will be lost now that they're US military issue)
    And the color black - always important for one who takes him/herself way too seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:28 AM

    Dear Terry,

    This photo reminds me of Monsignor S from St. A's. In the winter we would see him in a cape walking from the rectory to the Church. Now he was a fella who could ware a cape and look fablous. He was so german.

    Cheers,

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. +JMJ+

    Dear Katie,

    You know, I think I like you now. Let's be friends, okay? I don't blog about Mark Shea any longer. (But if I did . . . Oh, never mind.)

    Seriously, I've become used to seeing you around and I think you're actually kind of nice.

    Cristina ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so, wear one if you want to. you know you want too. well, we know

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.