"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Our Lady of Lourdes

Thou art all fair O Mary
and the original stain
is not in thee.
O Mary
by thy holy and Immaculate Conception
make my body pure and my 
spirit holy.



I wish I could bi-locate to be at Lourdes today.  I'll pretend.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful...my girls were there and the candles smell heavenly. Have a wonderful day and stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are blessed in Monterey with her image inside the cathedral, to the right of the sanctuary, and outside in a grotto with the image of St Bernadette as well. Been to Guadalupe many times but not once to Lourdes: have to remedy that. Thanks, Terry, and Good Lent, Fr P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Lourdes - I went there as a pilgrim - penniless as well. It was beautiful. I remember I wanted to eat french fries so badly. I enjoyed all the shop windows - and right on the main street I think it was, was the Poor Clare monastery chapel. It was a rainy wet morning and I recall smoke and fog and incense - or so it seemed to me. Someone gave me a little sweet roll. It was all very romantic, like a scene from Dickens. I visited on my way from Italy to Compostella - after that, headed to Fatima and returned to Lourdes on my way back to Assisi.

      Delete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.