"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Tuesday, June 09, 2015

On a lighter note: Caitlyn Jenner again...

“But I like to imagine a day when moms and dads counsel their girls and boys: ‘Be more like Caitlyn Jenner,’” - Sally Kohn.


So anyway.  I read somewhere Clint Eastwood may be in trouble for a mild reference to 'Caitlyn somebody...' as a former star athlete.  Sounds fine to me.

I think the funniest punch-line I heard came shortly after Jenner announced his transition and ended up in a serious car accident.  A guy commented on the story saying something like, "Well he must be a woman, he sure drives like one."   Ba dum chhh!  

See, that's old fashioned stand up.

Inappropriate though it is.

I'm against it!  What?

However, the funniest thing I read on the Jenner transition is from Sally Kohn.
Kohn wrote on Jenner’s story – from a mom’s perspective. “As a mom, I worry about the real-life Barbie doll hyper-sexualization projected by the Kardashian women,” she wrote. “Please oh please don't let my little girl see Kim Kardashian's airbrush-enhanced image and believe that is the feminine ideal.”
“As a feminist,” Kohn wrote, “I'm encouraged by the prospect that a transwoman may be either accidentally or quite deliberately subverting that trend, for the benefit of all women.”
“She has embodied a model of femininity that departs from the more-is-more overtly sexy model embraced by the rest of her Kardashian klan,” Kohn wrote. “And for this we should also be thankful.” - Finish reading here.

Such deadpan humor.


  1. I thought that was Tony Roberts with highlights.

  2. I'm sorry! I meant Tony Robbins!

  3. I don't know what photos Kohn is looking at but Bruce dressed as a woman is as phony and airbrushed as the Kardashians.

    1. I know! It's ridiculous - insane!

  4. Re: Kohn. Does she really hear what comes out of her mouth?


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.