"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Archbishop speaks.



Bishop Cordileone explains what happened... 
While visiting in San Diego this past weekend, I had dinner at the home of some friends along with a priest friend visiting from outside the country and my mother*, who lives near San Diego State University. While driving my mother home, I passed through a DUI checkpoint the police had set up near the SDSU campus before I reached her home, and was found to be over the California legal blood alcohol level.

I apologize for my error in judgment and feel shame for the disgrace I have brought upon the Church and myself. I will repay my debt to society and I ask forgiveness from my family and my friends and co-workers at the Diocese of Oakland and the Archdiocese of San Francisco. I pray that God, in His inscrutable wisdom, will bring some good out of this. - CCD - land of fruit and nuts.

 
It could happen to anyone.  The big lesson here?  Like I said yesterday, "Don't drink and drive."

Crazy people are already spewing conspiracy theories about this.  The man was stopped at a DUI check point - that's it.  I'm sure he will be installed as Archbishop - as ordained.   Not to worry.

Just don't drink and drive.


Photo:  Bishop Cordileone saying the EF Mass.  Conspiracy theory #2:  He was set up by the Novus Ordo, Spirit of Vatican II, Lavender Mafia crowd, who work for the San Diego police department.

*I blame the mother.  What?
 

4 comments:

  1. Hands down, it's theory no. 2, in my opinion. I'd bet the plate numbers of his car are well known throughout California.

    He needs a driver.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take it you're serious?

      Delete
  2. www.catholicleague.org/trying-to-silence-bishop-cordileone

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.