"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Fr. Benedict apologizes...



From The Deacon's Bench:
"I apologize for my comments. I did not intend to blame the victim. A priest (or anyone else) who abuses a minor is always wrong and is always responsible. My mind and my way of expressing myself are not as clear as they used to be. I have spent my life trying to help others the best that I could. I deeply regret any harm I have caused to anyone." - Fr. Benedict Groeschel
 
I always pray to Venerable Fr. Solanus for Fr. Benedict every day, and will continue to do so.  I understood that he was not laying blame on the victims, nor was he excusing the perpetrators.  Fr. Benedict is a holy man, a compassionate priest.  May God console him and grant him perfect joy in this trial. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting this.

    You can bet the MSM will [robably not.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.