Saturday, March 31, 2012

Sharpton stirs up the crowds...


Reverend, reverend
We don't need to escalate
You see, war is not the answer
For only love can conquer hate
You know we've got to find a way
To bring some lovin' here today

He's got his Tawana Browley on.

The minister of propaganda and 'unofficial advisor to the President' appears to be mobilizing the masses.

I cannot remember who it was, I think it was a British political analyst/pundit, or was it a Russian, who predicted an Obama presidency would usher in racial strife.

"If George Zimmerman is not arrested in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin soon, theRev. Al Sharpton will call for an escalation in peaceful civil disobedience and economic sanctions.
The civil rights activist and syndicated television show host said he will elaborate on this plan Saturday.
"I will speak about how the National Action Network will move to the next level if Zimmerman isn't arrested," Sharpton said, who founded the organization. He added that it was the Martin family and lawyers who first asked him to get involved and nationalize this story. - Source


It's getting "creepy" ...

"What is happening is that the president is coming across more and more as a trimmer, as an operator who's not operating in good faith. This is hardening positions and leading to increased political bitterness. And it's his fault, too. As an increase in polarization is a bad thing, it's a big fault." - Peggy Noonan

7 comments:

  1. I may be off base here but I'm trying to imagine if something similar happened to a native Hawaiian or Aleut or native American whether they would be advocating economic sanctions against the town where the crime was perpetrated? Why does everything in this country have to be seen as race motivated? We've become so politically correct in this country that we can't even laugh about our own and each other's failings, idiosyncracies and/or foibles without making it a big issue. I count my blessings that I have the blood of three "races" in my veins: Caucasian, Asian, Hawaiian I guess I just don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Servus--Some of us have been watching the movies for forty years. I have reached the conclusion that while the civil rights movement had to happen, needed to happen, it has also yielded some bad fruit, namely, division. We know who divides, right?

    Al Charlatan and all the other race hustlers involved cannot afford for this forty year "war" to end. Race Hustlers, Inc. would find themsleves bereft of $3000 suits and foregin cars. Morning Joe was the only show I watched on MSNBC. Once they removed Buchanan, one of the few remaining commentators w/ a brain, and ushered in Charlatan and his ilk, I said buh bye.

    I believe we are headed for some real ugliness. God love Peggy Noonan--sober, calm head hers. Obama is indeed some kind of operator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Servus--Some of us have been watching the movies for forty years. I have reached the conclusion that while the civil rights movement had to happen, needed to happen, it has also yielded some bad fruit, namely, division. We know who divides, right?

    Al Charlatan and all the other race hustlers involved cannot afford for this forty year "war" to end. Race Hustlers, Inc. would find themsleves bereft of $3000 suits and foregin cars. Morning Joe was the only show I watched on MSNBC. Once they removed Buchanan, one of the few remaining commentators w/ a brain, and ushered in Charlatan and his ilk, I said buh bye.

    I believe we are headed for some real ugliness. God love Peggy Noonan--sober, calm head hers. Obama is indeed some kind of operator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Servus--Whoops. Some of us have been watching this movie for forty years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great points Maria. What I find really scary is that Obama has a thug like Sharpton as both an advisor and an unofficial ambassador. Noonan nailed it when she said 'creepy'!

    Have a holy Palm Sunday! God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is beyond creepy, Terry. Truly. Al has carte blanche qne it speaks volumes about who we have become. We are losing the ability to govern and respect for the rule of law. I was encouraged, however, to see Erskin Bowles and Alan Simpson on PBS discussing their behind the scene strategies to bring the country round to fiscal sanity. I wish Sen. Alan Simpson would run!! I LOVE that man. Something to watch...Blessings back at you, Terry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maria

    I too have been watching the movie for 40 years. This divisiveness has to stop. I do not believe everything that happens is race motivated.

    I wish you a very holy Palm Sunday and you too Terry.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.