"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas stressful? Here's a real 'dust-up'...

Greek and Armenian monks brawl in Church of the Nativity.

They do this sometimes.  When I was younger I remember the Franciscans even got involved.  Going to church in the Holy Land can be like hockey.  Hey - that could be a topic for a homily to attract more men to Mass.  Active participation - it's a good thing.

Report with a 'before the cops got there' video here.


  1. I wish boys/men were more like that when helping with cleaning their bedrooms!!!

  2. Heh. I have a different take on the scuffle.

  3. very interesting.... this seem is almost funny!



Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.