"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

St. Michael Archangel...

The feast of St. Michael the Archangel.
Michael shares his feast with Gabriel and Raphael now - they each had their own feast at one time.*
In time of terror...
1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High

and abides in the shade of the Almighty
2 says to the Lord: "My refuge,
my stronghold, my God in whom I trust!"
3 It is he who will free you from the snare

of the fowler who seeks to destroy you;
4 he will conceal you with his pinions
and under his wings you will find refuge.
5 You will not fear the terror of the night

nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the plague that prowls in the darkness
nor the scourge that lays waste at noon. - Ps. 90


*May 8 is the memorial of the Apparition of St. Michael on Mt. Gargano on Italy.


  1. We were watching Hawaii Five-O (the new one) this week. A young woman who was graduating from the police academy was given a St. Michael medal, because he is one of the patrons of cops. I thought that was a neat coincidence, since the archangels' feast day is this week.

  2. I wanted to watch that - I loved the first series. That is a nice coincidence BTW!

  3. St. Michael is such a powerful intercessor.
    Beautiful, Mr. Terry!

  4. I was thinking of reprinting Sister Patricia's commentary on the archangels...

  5. Oh crap, LarryD: my curiosity has been piqued...Sr. Patricia? on the archangels?...I'm gonna wet meself:<)!

  6. isn't that the statue moslems wanted to tear down bc that's supposed muhammad underfoot? I may be wrong.

  7. Way totally off topic...but perhaps not...

    One of the joys in my life as a woman engineer is working in a predominately male work environment....even more joyful is when the occasional male chauvanestic PIG rears his ugly head...

    Sara Puma is normally a mild mannered purring feline....not today....

    Kitty got claws...and it got a bit bloody :) Made pork chops outta the little piggy..

    St Michael Archangel, defend us in Battle..

    (licking my whiskers...)

    Father NP--I WILL go to Confession :) I also got my Irish up in the process..


  8. Sara - I'm scared!

    Kat - I don't know - but the guy has wings so I think it's you-know-who.

  9. man... it's going to bug me till I figure out which statue it is now.


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.