"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Sunday, April 06, 2008

Old photo...

Here I am in Naples with a friar of a reformed Franciscan community. They lived in Euro-passenger train cars, their life very primitive and austere; they went barefoot throughout Italy. Padre Umile was the founder and had been encouraged by Padre Pio to begin the reform. I have no idea what happened to them. This was when I was living as a pilgrim, around the time I met Don Marco. My "habit" was denim, and I had a rosary on my belt that fell into the pocket on my jeans, and I wore the cross that Paul VI carried on his crosier, the same one later adopted by JPII. (Photo: c. 1975-6)

Pray for me that I may be converted and return to my early love.


  1. So nice to actually see what you look like Terry--I love the picture, and I will pray for you!

  2. Anonymous8:00 PM

    What a lucky time to check on your blogs!!! I'm not sure what's up with all of the self-revealing photos and sketches and paintings, but I do hope you will keep everything up. The paintings are wonderful. I particularly love the hermitage icon, and the retablo crucifix. You are a special person for many of us!


  3. Thanks Tara - thanks Michael - I decided to hook up the scanner - hence the personal memorabilia - plus, people asked to see what I look like and what my art is all about. So, I'm posting away - especially since AR2 doesn't work.

  4. You are adorable! I thought, at the sight of your pictures, of Juan Diego and Our Lady's sweet words (said, according to JD with utter compassion and kindness)to him (and now to all of us):
    "Listen, and let it penetrate your heart, my dear little son; do not be troubled or weighted down with grief. Do not fear any illness or vexation, anxiety or pain. Am I not here who am your Mother? Are you not under my shadow and protection? Am I not your fountain of life? Are you not in the folds of my mantle? In the crossing of my arms? Is there anything else you need?"

  5. Thanks Susan - I think of Our lady's words often.


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.