"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Sunday, April 06, 2008

A couple of other Southwest pieces...

( I already showed the top triptych, but it wouldn't detail in the other post.)

2nd: Ven. Mary of Agreda
3rd: St. Sebastian
4th: St. Joseph
5th: Holy Face

All of these are painted on wood panels, and yes, I made the frames too. (And sadly, I did the photography.)


  1. Wow! I love the Holy Face, Terry. I'm trying to read the words at the bottom but I can't see them very well. Can you let me know, please?

  2. Beautiful!
    I esp like the icon of Our Lady you painted for your spiritual director---it reminds me of a "Holy Face" picture of Our Lord, but that of Our Lady instead--- you captured sweetness, but lingering sorrow in her eyes. Also, the posture of her person, though it isn't completely viewable, is dignified and captures her queenly dignity.
    I wish you had prints of these!

  3. Oh, Terry! That Holy Face! I am smitten!

  4. Terry: I hope this wonderful art show means you are painting again. You do marvelous work. God bless you.

  5. I love the St. Joseph.

  6. Georgette1:28 AM

    love these...and teh frames are as much a piece of art as the paintings....God has given you a wonderful gift...thanks for sharing it with us :)

  7. Thank you all so much - I feel encouraged to continue painting. Thank you.

  8. the frames are as impressive as the work itself.


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.