Thursday, January 19, 2017

When you see things become more complicated ...

Don Dolindo Ruotolo
pray for us.


O Jesus, I surrender myself to you, take care of everything!

"How many things I do when the soul, in so much spiritual and material need, turns to me, looks at me and says to me: ‘You take care of it,’ then closes its eyes and rests."

“When you see things become more complicated, say then with the eyes of the soul closed: ‘Jesus, take care of it’. And don’t think about it anymore, because your mind is acute, and for you it is very hard to see evil and to trust in me and to not think of yourself. Do this for all your needs; do this all of you and you will see great, continual, silent miracles. By my love, I promise this to you. And I will take care of things. I promise this to you. Pray always in readiness to surrender, and you will receive from it great peace and great rewards, even when I confer on you the grace of immolation of repentance and of love. Then, what does suffering matter? It seems impossible to you? Close your eyes and say with all of your soul: ‘Jesus, you take care of it’. Do not be afraid, I will take care of things and you will bless my name by humbling yourself. A thousand prayers cannot equal one single act of surrender: remember this well. There is no novena more effective than this:
O Jesus, I surrender myself to you, take care of everything!
- Jesus to Don Dolindo Ruotolo a Neapolitan priest (1882-1970).  More here.

A friend sent me a novena prayer from Don Ruotolo - I prayed the prayer, "Oh Jesus, I surrender to you, you take care of it” - repeating it 10 times and peace returned immediately.  The novena may be found here.

And when I must lead you on a path different from the one you see, I will prepare you; I will carry you in my arms; I will let you find yourself, like children who have fallen asleep in their mother’s arms, on the other bank of the river. What troubles you and hurts you immensely are your reason, your thoughts and worry, and your desire at all costs to deal with what afflicts you.
O Jesus, I surrender myself to you, take care of everything! (10 times)

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this, Terry! You already know how much my family and I will benefit from this prayer. I will also add the Holy Father, the Church and her troubles, our brothers and sisters who suffer for the faith the world over, People who are lost in this world and forgotten, and last but not least, PE Trump, his administration and those who are opposed to him.

    I am adding you too Terry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always lead your readers to something new Terry. Thank you. So simple and beautiful. I sleep better at night knowing Yaya has us covered in her prayers. If PE Trump is successful I will give you, Yaya all credit. I continue to commend him to St. Joseph like your example began.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No credit to me wh. ^^ Let's instead give credit to St. Joseph who by is fine example as a faithful servant of the Lord, shows us how to trust and how to hope against hope. I sleep easier knowing that St. Joseph always follows through and will do so with PE Trump. I only hope he nudges Trump enough to get him to place himself at the service of God and country in word but above all, in action. ^^

      Delete
  3. Thanks for this ... exactly what I needed to hear -- and pray. It is so easy to forget, isn't it? Jesus Christ does take care of EVERYTHING! Blessings, Terry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really needed to hear this today. Read it. Whatever. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.