Saturday, January 21, 2017

His relatives said: "He is out of his mind."


"God does not answer man's expectation, the expectation of pride, of flesh and blood, not of the Spirit of God who wills all that is best for man.  God does not do what man expects him to do, does not approach him in the form he wants, which at the deepest level means that God, far from boosting man and making him feel grand, does exactly the opposite." - Sr. Ruth Burrows, O.C.D.
Jeremiah 7:1-11: Put not your trust in deceitful words.

Put not your trust in princes,
in mortal man, 
in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 146




NB: That goes for prophets and presidents as well.

2 comments:

  1. I love that quote. So much I want to add but I will leave it at that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just opened the January Magnificat to the 21st - is that where you found this quote?

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.