"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Santo Nino De Monte Carmelo


“Divine Infant Jesus, I adore Your Cross,
and I accept all the crosses you will be pleased to send me.
 Adorable Trinity, I offer you for the glory of the Holy Name of God 
all the adorations of the Sacred Heart of the Holy Infant Jesus.” 
- Ven. Marguerite of the Blessed Sacrament O.C.D.


In some Carmelite monasteries, the monthly novena to the Infant Jesus begins today - seems to me a fitting 'Octave' for the Solemnity of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel.  (We can babysit him all week.)

2 comments:

  1. I will gladly babysit my little Lord Jesus. ^^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so charmed by this devotion - babysitting him all week! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.