"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Wednesday, June 08, 2016

Back to work ...

Cultivating my hedgerow.

Ohhhhh, and it makes me wonder ...

If there's a bustle in your hedgerow, 
don't be alarmed now, 
It's just a spring clean for the May queen.
Yes, there are two paths you can go by, 
but in the long run ...


  1. Hi Terry,

    I recall reading about your neighbor and her gardening, I thought you might like to read this article from Rabbi Wolfe regarding his neighbor and her garden. ^^


    Have a wonderful Wednesday!

    1. Yaya - I love that - thanks. I kind of did that yesterday when I trimmed some more off the property line. A few years ago the husband was furious that the lilacs in my yard grew over their garage roof and complained they brushed against the garage. I thought - this will be the next complaint - so I trimmed the lilacs and nothing overhangs their garage or property. Today I'm trying to pull up anything that sneaked through the fence. I had decided to do this for the sake of peace - so as not to trouble them - without vindictiveness or anger.

      I'll post some photos - it's clean as a whistle I hope. Now I need to avoid looking in their direction, because I discovered she thinks I watch her. If I do all I can to keep the peace, I think that is being a good neighbor.

      As Rabbi Wolf said: “Here is a probably nice enough woman who is particularly sensitive about her garden.”

      I realized that Sunday when she was raging at me. In retrospect, my cleaning away everything on her side of the fence was a kindly act on my part - though I grumbled interiorly. Because her reaction was so extreme and in consideration of conduct she's exhibited in the past, I concluded there is a good chance she is bi-polar or something - therefore I have new respect for her ability to live an otherwise normal life. I suspect I may be the only person in her life she just can't stand.


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.