"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Not in the mood for Christmas yet.

Speaking of Cardinals...

Usually I am in the mood by now.  For sure by Halloween or the first snowfall, I'm usually in a holiday mood - and some years the magic happened even earlier... when I was making Christmas stuff for stores.  Though I no longer sell things to stores, I still make Christmas stuff, but this year I haven't made anything - so far.    There's still time however.

I wanted to share with you the ornaments shown above and below, by Patience Brewster - just to get the holiday spirit moving - and perhaps as a gift idea for your favorite wanna-be Cardinal.  (I know a bishop who was recently promoted to another See who loves Christmas ornaments.)


  1. I love The Cardinal - we have that on our tree as well. You either get it or you don't!


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.