Wednesday, July 16, 2014

In Thanksgiving to the Blessed Virgin Mary of Mt. Carmel.


We fly to thy patronage, O holy Mother of God;
despise not our petitions in our necessities, 
but deliver us always from all dangers, 
O glorious and blessed Virgin.

Prayers answered.

My friend who had asked for prayers because he was facing almost certain homelessness, after exhausting every possible route to find a place to live, wrote to me this morning with this news:
I wanted to let you know that as of July 16 2014, around 11am est I have been approved for an apartment...

Thanks to all who have prayed with us in this novena, and to the priests who offered Mass, and most especially thanks to the Blessed Virgin, Queen of Carmel. 

4 comments:

  1. "Even the sparrow finds a home...."
    Best news I've heard in days.
    Food, health, and a place to call home. Don't need much more than this.
    So happy for you and your friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - he lives in Boston and you know how expensive it is - it appears Our Lady found him the perfect place. It gave me great joy at Mass this evening to thank her for giving us such an assurance she hears our prayer and is ever ready to show herself our Mother. God bless!

      Delete
  2. Terry, where is that statue in the picture from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I knew - I believe it is Spanish in origin and someplace in Spain. I searched for the original source but can't find it. Just: Virgen del Carmen

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.