"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Did you know I wrote letters to both John Paul II and John XXIII?

Yes I di-id.

They both wrote back too.  They told me I was doing nothing wrong and could go to communion.


I lost the letter from John XXIII but still have the one from JPII - although I've since learned both were written by a secretary.  (I convince myself both Popes dictated the contents after reading my sweet letters.)

Too good to call me I guess.


  1. One Christmas I remember sending a Christmas-card to Pope John II and then a Christmas-greeting via the internet to Pope emeritus Benedict XVI. HOPE they liked/appreciated them if they saw them!! And then twice I wrote and sent-in some wonderful graces and favors received from praying to St. Padre Pio and St. Giuseppina Bakhita to the Vatican and received responses from a Fr. Peter Gumpel. It felt great to receive a response from a priest at the Vatican City.

  2. *Pope John Paul II...


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.