Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Developing: Vatican nixes musical version of Lumen Fidei over copyright dispute.





In futuro, dovrà contattarci per tempo, o in caso contrario, saremo costretti ad applicare le leggi in materia di copyright. - Libreria Editrice Vaticana

Rehearsals were just wrapping up, and the final production was scheduled.  It was to be a stunning duet, Donny Osmond joined with Susan Boyle, singing the text of Lumen Fidei in tribute to the two authors, Pope Benedict and Pope Francis, accompanied by the same orchestra Pope Francis snubbed in June.  Once again, after reprimanding Brandon Vogt, and giving Fr. Z notice, Libreria Editrice Vaticana stepped in, forbidding the production of Lumen Fidei, The Musical.

I know!
 

5 comments:

  1. I heard it was Elton John and Kiki Dee...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I thought of that. At first I was going to cast Tony Bennett and Gaga.

      Delete
  2. Maybe they didn't want a Mormon singing with a Catholic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I needed that laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would not allowing as many people to disseminate this (respectfully) as possible as a nod to the 'new evangelization', not lawyering over copyright claims, have been the TRUE soul of humility? Freely you have received, give freely in return...."feed My lambs, tend My sheep, feed My sheep; 'cept if they try to get out the good word using your words...in that case take 'em to court"...or something like that.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.