Friday, March 15, 2013

Fatima and Pope Francis... kind of.



THE Holy Father will have much to suffer.

Just remember, Our Lady is the one who emphasized the papacy at Fatima, and called for prayers for the Holy Father.  I somehow doubt she was referring to just one specific Pope... as Cardinal Ratzinger noted in his commentary on the Third Secret: "Beginning from Pius X up to the present Pope, they all shared the sufferings of the century and strove to go forward through all the anguish along the path which leads to the Cross."   Post election reaction reminds me of something Blessed Jacinta said:
I saw the Holy Father in a very big house, kneeling by a table, with his head buried in his hands, and he was weeping. Outside the house, there were many people. Some of them were throwing stones, others were cursing him and using bad language. Poor Holy Father, we must pray very much for him.”
[...]
"the Holy Father will have much to suffer."
 
Along with the enemies of the Church, there are many devotees of Our Lady, crusaders for the Truth, cursing, using bad language, against Pope Francis since his election.  I doubt Our Lady would be pleased. 

10 comments:

  1. Will you stop doing this, telling me stuff I don't want to hear just when I need to hear it.

    But may I say: We are called to obey the Pontiff, we are not called to like him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you like him Puff? Oh - the Falklands.

    What? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should have added Basil Fawlty's line, "Don't mention the war..."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and yes, I will pray for him, and I will do my very best to NOT pray that he do things MY way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you seen this interview:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wGkfAzcQ2jQ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elena - I had not seen this! How interesting. Thanks for calling my attention to it. I'm not sure what to think now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many traditionalists are still cursing him. It really is the Vision of Fatima come true.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elena, thanks for the link. I know what you mean about the things people are writing - the good part of all that means I have fewer blogs to visit.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.