Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Saint's relics...

Heart of St. John Vianney


Un-corrupted.

I'm not aware of any brains remaining incorrupt are you?  Saint's bodies and body parts, such as St. Anthony's tongue, St. Catherine's hand, remain incorrupt - but I'm not aware of incorrupt brains specifically.  That said, it seems to me the most extracted body part venerated as a relic has been the heart.  Not the brain.*

The heart.

*However, I did read somewhere that St. Gemma Galgani's brain remained incorrupt - But I can't verify it.

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps it's because the heart signifies the Will.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.