"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Friday, November 04, 2011

The long loneliness...



I recently told someone I envy that title from Dorothy Day because it could well describe my life as well.

He and I.  I have nothing else.

Last night at adoration it was all about that.  I, alone, with the Alone.  I had to acknowledge I am an unprofitable servant - I have never even done my duty.  How completely alone that feels...

Jesus, I trust in you.

1 comment:

  1. I know I say this a lot. But Terry, you blog really gets me.

    Heh, I know an odd thing to say.

    I am struggling with some thoughts tonight, nothing major, internal stuff. So I said, "Hey me, Hi, how are you? What is new?" Then I thought, "Why would I say that to myself?" Then I thought, "wait, is thinking to myself, the same as talking to myself."

    Ok, so then I stopped. So what I said/thunk to myself was... "I need a little guidance... I wonder what Terry has to say tonight."

    And sure enough you came through. Thanks again. I owe you something, which in the blogging world is like, birdseed or something. Which I don't get, but when in Rome...

    Which makes me wonder, do progressive Catholics say something else? Since they are kinda anti-Rome. Or does it actually make more sense for them TO USE Rome?

    Anyways... thanks again.

    ReplyDelete