"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Monday, August 29, 2011

Meaning what?

This post was set to carry the subtitle: Making up new definitions for words and terms.  It wasn't on Larry's top ten list of popular blog topics guaranteed to get a lot of hits and comments, so I scrapped it.  The following glossary of words and their extended meanings is how far I got with the project...
Tentative - one who lives in a tent or is related to a tent.

Peddlefile - an annoying bicyclist.

Pompous - one who wears big hair - e.g. pompadour.

Asinine - an event which occurs when nine asses he-haw in unison.

Drinking-bout - a lone medieval-style drinking contest with no one.

Travesty - a really bad outfit, or a tasteless wardrobe belonging to a transvestite.
Art:  A sample of some of the new headers I've been working on for the blog.


  1. I thought about that topic, but I couldn't come up with a word for it.

  2. aurora8:30 AM

    Def. Word up.

  3. +JMJ+

    You make headers? =D

    Do you have an online store?

    May I order one?

    PS--You need to work on that slogan, though. How about "Flaming the Catholic Internet Since 2005"? (I would have made it more alliterative, like "Flaming the Fools . . ." but I know that you don't think of the people you write about intelligently, if passive-aggressively as fools.)

  4. That does sound much better E. You are good. No - I have no expertise when it comes to web design - so I do not make headers.


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.