Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Animal stories.




Before going to adoration today, I caught a story on the news about a cat shot through the head with an arrow.  The cat returned home with the arrow still in its head and was taken to the vet.  The cat survived!
.
I felt so bad for the cat - who was obviously someone's pet.  Whenever I think of animals abused or mistreated I think of how babies are killed and children are abused and mistreated, and I feel deep, deep sorrow.  Last night on the news there was a report about a 2 year old beat up by his mother's boyfriend.  It really tears me apart to hear such things.  I prayed for babies and kids and animals this afternoon.  "Please don't let them get hurt anymore."
.


.
Art:  Adam names the animals.

5 comments:

  1. Terri, It's awful to see what people do to an innocent,helpless child or animal. It breaks my heart. IMHO
    Seems as a culture we've become so desensitized to violence with our entertainment choices. My brother is law is a vet so we frequently hear horror stories...they have 9 cats at their house all rescued from some tragic story of abuse.
    Lord have mercy on us.
    +PAX

    ReplyDelete
  2. On Saturday mornings I volunteer at the animal shelter's horse stable. Yep--about half the horses there have come from abuse situations. It takes alot of love and patience to regain their trust. Alot of them hate men as men tend to be the primary abusers, so our male volunteers have their work cut out for them. All any creature asks is to be loved and cared for, and in horse's cases, have a job and feel important. I really try to get past the anger of their abuse situation and instead focus on showering them with love and attention.

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara - I think you are like that with people too - you have a big heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww...thanks Terry..I'm just me... :) Trying to be the pencil in God's hand..

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Random Friar8:20 PM

    On an upbeat note: there are a few good souls out there that take pets to places such as nursing homes and prisons (they can both be remarkably cold places, sometimes).

    In both cases, there is a kind of reconnecting with love. In the convicts' case, it is even more interesting. Often, they were the ones abused (and then proceeded to abuse themselves). They trust no one. Animals help them to regain that lost humanity buried under so much anger and hate.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.