"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Friday, June 11, 2010

Rainy days.

I've been painting on these rainy days.  On Tuesday I finished a memento mori after the Swedish artist Owe Zerge, whose 'Canticle of the Sun' is shown above.  I liked it so much I did my own version - not nearly as fine as Zerge's work.  I'll post it after I photograph it - I need good natural light to shoot in.  My version was part of my daily painting regime and I changed it up a bit - blue jeans instead of the Franciscan habit.  The  subject matter may account for my dark humor of late as well.

Today I'll try and do an archbishop in a cappa magna for my daily paint exercise.

After that I may buckle down and attempt a more serious painting, an icon perhaps.

4 comments:

  1. Archbishop in cappa magna???LOL!
    THAT oughtta put you in a better mood:<)!
    God luv ya, Terry. You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And just to "stir the pot" (my mother always told me I did this just to annoy her!!):
    http://wdtprs.com/blog/2010/06/the-new-cappa-magna/
    he, he, he:<)!
    Well, you mentioned "cappa magna"...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ug..ANOTHER rainy day here...high 40's...

    It would be nice if SPRING decided to come and stay for more than a day or so...

    SUMMER?? Not even close yet...

    My irises like it though...roses still sleeping..

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Father I finished it too - very fun! Not good art, but very fun.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.