Sunday, August 23, 2009

Live at home nun...


Or hermit in a garden.
.
St. Rose of Lima was a third order Dominican, who like St. Catherine of Siena was a lay contemplative who lived her religious life at home. See, I always have to eat my words when it comes to criticizing contemporary hermits and nuns and monks who do not enter established religious orders but do their own thing - in a house, a cottage, an apartment - there were saints who did the exact same thing.
.
I better get to the doctor - that log in my eye is getting bigger every day.
.
August 23 is the feast of St. Rose of Lima. Read about her here.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.