Saturday, August 29, 2009

Edward Kennedy's funeral Mass.

The Franciscan brothers who served the funeral Mass for Senator Kennedy are the Little Brothers of St. Francis, whose hermitage is not far from the Basilica of Our Lady of Perpetual Help in Roxbury. Their website here.
.
Prayer for the dead.
.
Eternal rest grant unto him O Lord,
And let perpetual Light shine upon him.
May his soul
And the souls of all the faithful departed
Through the mercy of God
Rest in peace.
Amen.
.
As I said elsewhere, I watched all of the funeral coverage except for Obama's eulogy. Aside from the prayer of the faithful, I was very impressed - I paid no attention as to who received Communion, instead I prayed in spiritual Communion through that part of the Mass.
.
The only thing I can say is that Ted Kennedy was a better man and Catholic than I ever could hope to be.
.
May God have mercy on us all.