"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Nicely put.




What painters do...
.
I’m not an abstractionist. I’m not interested in the relationship of color or form or anything else. I’m interested only in expressing basic human emotions: tragedy, ecstasy, doom, and so on. - Mark Rothko
.
And something I do as well...
.
Whether I'm painting or not, I have this overweening interest in humanity. Even if I'm not working, I'm still analyzing people. - Alice Neel

.
So my point is...
.
I simply attempt to document what I see and experience, and if I am lucky, someone may call it art. - Terrance J. Nelson



.
Image: Mark Rothko

2 comments:

  1. So, I'm curious now...the painting in the rss feed is, um, way different than the one showing here.

    I love your quote. It's not pretentious.

    P.S. I received a massive book on the history of Canadian Abstract painting and some of it I even like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Owen - I thought I should remove it. I replaced it with the Rothko so no one would be offended. The image you see is from my "epic" Abbey-Roads.

    I actually love many classic abstract works. I especially enjoy neo-impressionist art as well.

    Thanks for your encouraging words.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.