"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Monday, September 29, 2008

The Failout

The Dow dropped over 700 points today, because the Bush/Paulson bailout failed in Congress - yet didn't you kinda, sorta think it was going to pass after this weekend's marathon negotiations? Don't panic though - and I'm not...
I'm just depressed. My investments... I can't even bring myself to look. I would jump out the window but I'm on the first floor. My acid-reflux-ulcerated stomach feels like cancer of the esophagus. I took an extra blood pressure pill. But I'm not panicked... I'm getting used to it though - I've been in a black hole now for well over a week. There goes retirement.


Maybe my best friend will let me act in her play? "Midsummer Madness"!

1 comment:

  1. Invesments...what are those again?


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.