Thursday, September 07, 2017

When these signs begin to happen, stand erect and raise your heads because ...



Your redemption is near at hand. - Luke 21:28

That's it.  The reason for my peace.

I like this translation better, "when these things begin ... hold your heads high, for your deliverance is near at hand."

Fear is useless.

I've read several people saying things like, "The only thing keeping me in the Church ..."  Then they go on to cite this or that priest or bishop, this or that parish.  I have no faith in men.  As the Imitation points out:
"On the other hand, every man is a liar, infirm, unstable, and subject to fail, especially in words; so that we ought not readily to believe even that which in appearance seems to sound well.  
How wisely did you forewarn us to beware of men, and that a man's enemies are they of his own household, and that we are not to believe, if anyone should say, 'Behold here! or Behold there!'" - Imitation, Bk. III, Ch. 45
"It is better to leave everyone to his own way of thinking, than to give way to contentious discourses." Ibid, Ch. 44



16 comments:

  1. Wow...the author of the Imitation described me to a tee...and he didn't even know me personally! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. It's good for compunction.

      Delete
  2. Thanks again for such powerful food for thought, heart, soul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yaya - are you near the fires? Hope you are safe and sound.

      Delete
    2. Gracias a Dios I am not but I do live near Glendora where a fire recently broke out in the foothills. I think it is under control by now as the ashes are no longer to be seen on our cars. This time of year is fire season in SoCal. When the Santa Anas start blowing in, it will be even more dangerous.

      Delete
    3. I will pray for your safety through the intercession of St Barbara.

      Delete
    4. I pray for you too.

      Delete
  3. Great post! Fear is useless, what is needed is trust! Those who have ears ought to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 8.1 earthquake in mexico......

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! thanks for the link on the book of miracles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 5.3 quake just hit Japan over 30 dead

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is it safe to go out or should I just huddle with my holy water, blessed candles and prayer books?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been doing that for the last 10 years - haven't left the house. (Except to go to the store and church.)

      Delete
  8. My cousin has a sign hanging up in my house that says "I won't worry until the animals start lining up two by two."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep a special watch for the unicorn.

      Delete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.