"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Disinterested parenting: Bl. Margaret of Castello


When she was about twenty, Margaret's parents took her to a shrine in the Franciscan church in Castello, where miracles were reportedly being wrought, to pray for a cure for her birth defects. When no miracle happened, they abandoned her. - source

4 comments:

  1. I ‘discovered’ Blessed Margaret’s story recently while making a study of the stations of the cross in Antwerp Cathedral. She has a prominent role in the sixth station – “Veronica wipes the face of Jesus”.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I lived over there - man, you get around. BTW - I published OL's recent message on my tumblr site:

      http://terrynelsonofabbeyroads.tumblr.com/

      Delete
  2. The study is from home and photo references, but I do hope to get to Antwerp in September or October. :) I’ll check out your tumblr site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The movie about her life, 'Little Margaret of Castello' on 'y outube' is very moving. I loved watching it and have shared-it with some of my 'favorite people', too!!...

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.