"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Thursday, January 15, 2015

I never ask for anything - you know, like other bloggers do ...

But will someone please buy this stuff for me?



A Painted and Gilded Italian Tabernacle.
19.5"W x 11.25"D x 21.75"H
Price: $2,440


I actually need this piece too.  I would use it for an antique statue of Our Lady of the Apocalypse:



An Altar Piece/Stand
18"W x 7" D x 12" H
Price: $1,625

I would like to have these items by Candlemas.  Thank you.
Oh.  I will send an acknowledgement and
nice thank you card as well.



16 comments:

  1. I heard it through the grapevine that you were having a blognic. How come I wasn't invited? Or does one just invite oneself to these things? And what if one hasn't updated one's blog for a year - can one still get in? What?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think one just shows up - if one can afford to.

      Delete
    2. I can't afford it. You'll just have to do without me.

      Praying for Saturday's surgery. Back to painting. Yay!

      Delete
    3. Thanks anyway - surgery is Friday.

      Delete
  2. I think surgery is Friday.

    I'd buy them for you if I could.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - that is just as good.

      Surgery is Friday.

      Delete
  3. For a moment I thought I was on Fr. Z's blog ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why would a layman need a tabernacle?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because I could - I don't know? Why?

      I like the architectural element.

      Delete
    2. I was just curious. I know that laypeople are prohibited from reposing the Blessed Sacrament in their homes, and thought maybe you were planning on making a chapel in your home.

      Delete
    3. Thanks - I really like Baroque religious artifacts such as this and since they are thrown out of old churches these days I'd like to salvage things like the tabernacle - when I can.

      Delete
  5. I bet Joel Osteen has no trouble getting gifts. You need to change your messaging.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It won't make you happy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. Thanks.

      I don't really want them. I would have at one time though - but things do not bring happiness.

      God bless you.

      Delete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.