"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Thursday, October 02, 2014

Guardian Angels

I've always wondered what my angel would look like if I could see him, I've made a couple of drawings.  I don't believe he looks like what I imagine.

Some saints saw their angels, like St. Catherine Laboure, St. Angela Meici, St. Gemma, St. Pio; I suppose many saints were able to see them.

I've never seen him but I have experienced his protection.

I think angels are quite detached - or free from attachment.  They love us of course, but it is a pure and chaste love - a supernatural love.  To think we are loved by such a being.  Loved and protected and directed and guided - without any attempt to control or interfere with our freedom.  That is a love I never want to be separated from.


“My guardian angel, you always behold the Holy Trinity. You are deeply loved by the divine Majesty. You know how desperately I need the grace of God to know what He wants me to do and the strength I need to surrender my stubborn will to His divine will. How I need your powerful intercession with the Almighty. I trust you will hear my prayer and I am confident that with your help I will live my life as a sacrifice of myself to God and thus merit to join you in that celestial glory where you are waiting for me. Amen.” - Fr. Hardon Archives  


  1. A beautiful prayer and one I will copy and recite from now on. Thank you, Terry. ^^

    I always wonder what my guardian angel looks like too but I would also like to wonder as to his name. When I think of what his name might be, I would like to think his name is Joshua. <3

    1. Hey! Yaya, I thought you were following my lead and taking a break from the Catholic internet? C'mon, you're like my sobriety buddy from AA. If you fall, I fall. LOL


      I think if you saw your angel he would look like a geometric representation of a pure intellect. At the center a kind of cube with an astonishing light, and then a kind of polyhedron surrounding the cube, all a little bigger than a basketball.

    2. Good morning, Mr. Wolfe!

      Please do not misquote me! Haha! Joking of course. I meant that I will take a break from hot-spots of ill repute and disdain. ;p I will and am avoiding sites that tend to throw bombs in all directions and since I am too sleepy yet, I ain't naming names.

      My precious guardian angel has been assigned to lead me to a more prayerful attitude for all matters of greater importance than to be upset over online Catholic squabbles.
      I am however, allowed to visit Terry's blog (but to refrain from squabbling here) as his is refuge and encouragement for the journey. ^^

      Count me out as a sobriety AA buddy as I enjoy strawberry ale way too much and fell off the wagon long ago!

      A toast to you and yours and to your guardian angel on this most auspicious of days!

  2. Lately I have been missing Mother Angelica very much - she never minced words, spiritual direction seemed to be her biggest gift, among so many. I recall many remarks she would make about the angels, and about her own angel: she gave 'him' an unusual name, which I cannot recall.
    When I can stand it, I review my past life and deeply apologize to my own guardian angel...to be witness to such acts of mine - even today !
    How consoling that we have been given such for friendship and companionship ! Whenever I leave home I ask especially that he tenderly care for and guard my cat.....

  3. I think mine is named Bud the Weiser.


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.