Friday, November 15, 2013

Show me the money.



But those who want to be rich fall into temptation and a trap and many foolish and harmful desires, which plunge those people into ruin and destruction. - 1 Tim. 6:9


This story may help explain why I have problems with asking other people for money ...


Once upon a time, when I was in third grade, my family lived near the old Guardian Angels, and it was there where my brother and I were trained as altar boys.  There was a dear old Irish priest who took us under his wing.  Once, shortly after my dad was released from jail, he and I went to visit Fr. O'Neil.  My dad pretended to ask about instruction in the Catholic faith, since he was raised Lutheran.  As they spoke, my dad told Fr. I wanted to be a priest and how proud he was. (eyeroll)  Then he hit him up for money.  I was so embarrassed.  He used me to get money from the priest - and on the way home complained it wasn't enough.  The End.





Chinese lady say:
"Order meatless chow-mein, it Friday.
Please pay when served. Cash only."
 
 
 
 
 
 
*This post has been edited from its original subject.  Pray for priests.

2 comments:

  1. Terry, thanks for having the courage to tell the story from your boyhood. That wouldn't be easy for me to do. It just goes to show yuou how God writes straight crooked lines. You are a living example.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes - agreed - thanks Terry.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.