Monday, November 26, 2012

Finding fault.



This was odd...

A reader sent me an email telling me to "Be honest and give Shakespeare credit."  The writer was referring to my use of Shakespeare's Sonnet 29 for my "About Me" in the sidebar of the blog.  I had to laugh because I was not at all pretending it to be my work, so famous is Shakespeare, I assumed my adding Sonnet 29 would be enough attribution.

It is strange how we can annoy others unintentionally, isn't it?  Stranger still, how we can impute guilt to one another based on rash judgement.

I've been thinking about some of the bloggers I don't like, considering that they most likely feel the same way about me.  The critical spirit I am often tempted to entertain in their regard could very well be exactly what they and others think of me.

"Of my hidden sins, acquit me Lord." - Ps. 19:12  (No, I did not not write that.)

14 comments:

  1. Can't you just say that it's Shakespeare?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brush up your Shakespeare.

    Start quoting him now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a friend who knows his works by heart.

      Delete
  3. What's really strange is that someone would take the time and effort to email you about something that annoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that was what the internet was designed for?

      Delete
  4. I notice you carefully avoid specifying that we are talking about *William* Shakespeare. Are you trying to deceive people into attributing it to some other Shakespeare? What are you hiding? Also, you abbreviate your scripture citation to "Ps." Who even knows what that *means*? Are you *deliberately* trying to throw people off that this is a quotation from the Psalms? And you didn't even *mention* that the numbering of the Psalms is not always consistent. I am shocked. And stunned. And don't forget offended. Deeply, deeply offended. So offended you can't even believe it.

    No.

    Really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw this - now when I don't have comment moderation on, I never know who comments.

      Delete
  5. Anonymous8:38 AM

    Ahhhh yes, Poodle Shakespeare!!

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.