"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Friday, June 22, 2012

Blogs and Reality TV

Observing behaviour.

A work in progress... blogger interrupted...

Though we discuss our personal issues, sins and failings, achievements, etc., publicly, online and in other people's comboxes, or in an online 'magazine. or e-book, it's just "our" version of things, isn't it...  Not unlike Reality TV, it's played out with an audience in mind.  And like Reality TV insta-stars, some get to be minor-celebrities. 

Just a thought... 


  1. +JMJ+

    A Reality TV show is what you get when you're really famous. We plebes have to settle for the "lesser" medium that is blogs. =P

    By the way, Terry, just this evening I had the strangest thought that you believed I was upset with you because I haven't been commenting here lately. It was probably just my natural paranoia, but in case I was actually being psychic, I want you to know that that is not the case. I still think that you're my long-lost twin brother and that we're still supposed to race to Witch Mountain together to get back to our home planet. But I've just started a new job and have less time to whisper such sweet nothings in your combox. Be grateful for small blessings. ;-)

  2. I did not think you were mad at me or avoiding me - I know we are united in spirit. I really do.


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.