"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Oh! How I suffer!



How bad is it?

I wonder if people ever get tired of themselves whining?  Have you ever visited a really crappy nursing home?  A Vet's home?  A children's hospital?  Have you ever walked through a really horrible section of town? 

I really get tired of people whining all of the time.

Yeah - I know - I just did.
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. - James 1:27

5 comments:

  1. Point taken :)

    I doubt you directed this at me in particular, but we can all learn from this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merc - not directed at you at all!

      Delete
  2. Thank you. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry if I come across as a whiner. I never saw myself as one but it's difficult to know oneself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope - I never thought of you as a whiner either.

      Delete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.