"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Friday, December 02, 2011

Big, big - huge - secret...



Do not tell anyone...

But Cathy of Alex is having a brunch tomorrow morning at her house. I know! Some people never even acknowledged their invitations, much less RSVP"d. I know! How rude is right. I'm not naming any names but two of them are priests from Wisconsin - oh so chic and too good to go! No - I never said it was Fr. Z and Nazareth Priest - who has been missing in plain sight for months and months. Yeah - don't hold your breaths for donations fellas.

No - I'd never show up either, but I have an excuse - people do not like me - but at least I had the gallantry to RSVP - and Cathy was kind enough to invite me - a poor outcast bastard.

I'm here for ya Cath!

12 comments:

  1. I'd go. Just for the bacon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope Cathy has a FINE brunch!!

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baaaaaaaaaaaaaacoooooooon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shoot, I'd fly up there for a bacon brunch at Cathy's, if she'd invite me!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please email me, all of you, your addresses. I want to invite you to Alaska for a Salmon Bake.

    I dont expect you to come, would love if you would, but I just want to see what personal stationery you all use.

    I bet Terry's is the best. Larry probably uses green-line dot matrix paper, in an ironic way of course.

    I didn't get invite to CoA's shindig... so I am sad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're all invited to Chicago for deep dish pizza and hot dogs. And drive -bys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joseph--I would LUV to attend your Salmon Bake!! Is it cedar planked??

    And I would be double appreciative if you threw in a sled dog trip over the glacier or a cruise thru Glacier Bay..missed the sled dog trip on the alaska cruise I was on a couple of years back :) Sounds like so much fun!!

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terry, Larry, Adrienne, Gette, that was the best bacon I have ever eaten. I forgot to ask her where she got it and if she has any secret methods that I might be able to master.

    Since you guys didn't show up, that left all the more for me. Cath was a little peeved cuz she had to make so much more. Thank you for not coming!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd invite everyone on this thread if I thought you'd come! Terry is a vegetarian.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joe - I use graph paper for stationery, printing one letter per square. Unless I'm in a hurry, then it's two letters per square.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous5:05 PM

    nazareth priest has been pretty sick, but if he could have he would have loved the bacon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well I assure you nazareth Priest is daily in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.