"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Saturday, July 03, 2010

Pier Giorgio Frassati


  1. Anonymous8:51 PM

    I didn't know there was a film about Pier Giorgio. Thanks for posting it! Over the years he has become a dear friend to me. It is a pity the video has no subtitles. Though italian is not so different from spanish and I can get a hint of what they are saying, I would like to undertand it completely.
    By the way, in case you haven't already read it, I recommend to you "Pier Giorgio: His last days". It is a moving account of his last week of life written by his sister, Luciana.
    Well, thanks again for the post, Terry. Take care.


  2. Gonzalo - I didn't know about the film either until last night. I wish it had subtitles as well, though I can pick up bits and pieces - but having read so much - I think I know each scene. I did read that book - very good. God bless and Blessed Pier Giorgio watch over you!


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.