"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Most Depressing Commencement Address Ever.

Al Gore.  See, I think he's funny.  ROFLOL funny.  Like Biden.


  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

  2. I have this up at my blog, too. 'Pomp & Circumstance' playing in the background is a great touch.

    I laughed as I watched, but if you watch closely, you can see some of the dignitaries on stage look through their programs as AlGore drones on. I can only imagine what the graduates were doing to survive. Gnaw their ankles in an effort to escape?

    Actually, I bet they had their Ipods going full bore. I would have.

  3. I'm sure the graduates were edified and encouraged -- NOT!!!!

    He DID invent the internets though, ya know.

    At my graduation, we had retired governor Jimmie Davis leading us in his one-hit-wonder: You Are My Sunshine. Now THAT was the best graduation ever! :-D


  4. I can't breath. This is too funny.

    Biden is funnier though.

  5. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.




Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.