"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Daily painting stuff.

I have a couple new things up over at Up Your Street.
The panel shown above is supposed to be a self-portrait in the style of an icon.
Posted by Picasa


  1. Terry, man, you gots to have more protein!:<)!
    I mean it, mate!
    Don't go witherin' away on us...we needs you...we really do!!
    (My meds are kickin' in, yeah?!!!

  2. You have a beard??

    And I agree with NP--Darling you look like you need a cheeseburger.. :)


  3. LOL! Sara it is a 'spiritual' self-portrait - so the entire thing is metaphor. I once had a beard however. The image is about the things I often write about - which first of all are addressed to myself. Self-deception, delusion, pride, vainglory, etc. The nimbus (halo) gives all that away - my presumption, and so on. I better re-title it.


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.