"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Sunday, August 02, 2009

What would St. Peter say?

Huh?
.
In encouraging the early Church, the first Pope wrote concerning St. Paul's writings; "Paul, our beloved brother, wrote you... in the spirit of wisdom that is his. There are certain passages in them hard to understand..." [2 Peter 2: 15-16]
.
I have to wonder what he'd say about Benedict XVI's latest encyclical Caritas in veritate. Way over my head, beyond my pay grade, and all of that. I suppose it will foster new apostolates and new studies however - which means books, the lecture circuit, seminars - profit for those promoting what they think the Pope's message was all about. "What Does The Pope Really Say?"
.
Kind of like TOB. Did you realize there are numerous blogs dedicated to TOB? Nothin' wrong with that. (Except maybe it's a cult? LOL! I still want an illustrated version...)
.
Ka-ching.

3 comments:

  1. I got as far as Chapter 1, it's on my reading table--just waiting--I'm going to have to pray before reading--it IS hard to assimilate into my poor cortex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Austringer7:01 PM

    Terry, what's "TOB"???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Austringer - Theology of the Body.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.