"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Friday, June 26, 2009

I am the recipient of the Honest Scrap Award.



LarryD at A of A awarded me this... meme.
.
The rules:
.
I) Say "Thanks!" to the presenter of the award and provide a link to their blog. So, to Larry at Acts of the Apostasy: Thanks!!
.
II) I am expected to share 10 honest things about myself. I don't know if there are 10 things left, I've spilled my guts about everything I think. But as Larry said, "in the spirit of the award, I will comply."
.
Here goes:
.
1) I love demerol and other prescription pain relievers - I don't have any and I don't use them, but when I've had surgery and stuff, I finished my prescriptions all up like a good boy! Now that we know Michael probably died from that, I'll be more careful if I ever have to take them again. Beer and Vicodin made a good cocktail, but I never did that again after someone told me cardiac arrest is a dangerous side affect. That was a long, long time ago BTW. Oh! And I only had Demerol once in the erly '80's. Versed is nice - I had that before surgery once. My generation will be easy to euthanize if you just offer us drugs first.
.
2) I actually love to sing - I rarely do so in public however, but lately I have joined in when there are Catholic hymns at Mass. (I hate Protestant hymns.) When I was little I was embarrassed about singing and that kind of did me in for the rest of my life. I'm a closet singer now. The cats like it. We do the meow mix song every day at dinner time. I sing many songs in meow talk.
.
3) This is a big one. My age. So anyway, I was tellin' the cats, kids are people too.
.
4) I always wanted to be an author, but could never think of what to write. (I used part of Larry's answer here.)
.
5) On that note - I always wanted to win the Academy Award for Best Actor, but I have never acted - except when I had a job - I used to pretend I actually worked.
.
6) I've never been to Paris but I know a lot about it - I've been to the South of France however. If I could go anywhere right now I think I would go back to Italy. (I can't leave the cats however.)
.
7) I feel I have failed as a parent. I've never had kids, but I know I would have failed if I had.
.
8) My favorite foods are ribeye steak, pasta, eggplant, bread, mussels, organic salads, tempura, chocolate - but not all at once.
.
9) When I was little I wanted to be a Franciscan priest, then I discovered the Carmelites and I wanted to be a Carmelite priest. My dad said no and wouldn't let me enter preparatory seminary - so he had me go to public high school, where I lost the faith. (I returned to the Church in 1972 - I knew I wasn't called to be a priest by then.)
.
10) I regret everything. You know how people say they regret nothing? "I have no regrets." Whatever - I regret everything.
.
So, this is how it ends:
.
III) Present this award to 7 others whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged me.
.
In no specific order I award the following blogs:
.


  • A) Tea at Trianon

.


  • B) Vultus Christi

.


  • C) Fr. Z

.


  • D) Western Confucian

.


  • E) Rorate Caeli

.


  • F) Fr. Blake at St. Mary Magdalen

.


  • G) Ken at Hallowed Ground (Despite the fact he retired - it was one of the very best.)

.
IV) Inform those 7 that they've been awarded the 'Honest Scrap' Award.
.
No, I won't inform them since these blogs are not in the habit of doing memes. I also don't want to show which blogs I awarded because everyone else will feel bad I did not award them.

8 comments:

  1. +JMJ+

    Hmmmm. Did you deliberately nominate seven 'blogs that don't normally do memes so that nobody would actually to do it, thereby proving to both the nominated and the non-nominated that though you love us all differently, you also love us all equally? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol3:44 PM

    No one should regret everything--unless it's the only scar we can one day show Him, after He shows us His.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe "relieved" is the proper expression.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done, Terry - I knew you would do it! But it seems I've hurt Angela's feelings...I hope she's ok. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Passed over again! Damn!

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.