"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Sunday, May 31, 2009


I just found out I was baptized on Ascension Day. The date was May 26, 10 days after my birthday.


  1. Happy belated baptism!

  2. That's wonderful that your parents had done that for you.
    I wasn't baptised until I was almost 19, and four people were there. No close family. (Paul was there, and it was before we were married) Stangely .. I can barely remember it. In fact I had worried not too long ago whether or not I had been confirmed. I don't remember. I don't know. It was a very stressful time in my life....sneaking around to Church... a CATHOLIC church no less!!

    Paul said that I had been confirmed, and that I should no longer worry if the Holy Spirit is within me or not.

    Paul is the voice of reason, and he brings much comfort from my anxiety.

    BTW .. I have been praying a lot for you lately, and I will continue. That's just not lip service.. I really have been.

  3. That is so cool!


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.