"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Monday, January 12, 2009

Re-examining my conscience: Israeli war crimes.

Click the photo to enlarge and read.

O Lord rebuke me not in your anger
your arrows have sunk deep in me.
My guilt towers higher than my head;
it is a weight too heavy to bear.
I am bowed and brought to my knees.
I go mourning all day long.
I cry aloud in anguish of heart. - Ps. 37
Words cannot save us now, the only way to peace is repentance. I have committed these atrocities; Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy upon me a sinner.

1 comment:

  1. gette8:45 PM

    I received this same email from a cousin's daughter's cousin, or something. Very disturbing, indeed. My sentiments are teh same as yours, and you say it so much more diplomatically than I ever could. May God bless you in your efforts to give the whole picture.


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.