Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Snagglepuss

Once upon a time...

There was a little black and white cat who visited my yard to look for critters to eat. My house was well known to all the cats in the neighborhood as a sort of game refuge for wild rabbits, moles, and chipmunks and mice and squirrels and tons of birds. They also knew two spinster cats lived here, and always wanted to get a glimpse of them. One day, the little black and white cat came up to the door to where the dowager cats were lounging, and the the ladies started hissing and growling at the intruder, and he ran off.

Then I began to notice that the wild rabbits were eating my clematis, and the squirrels and chipmunks and moles were eating my zucchini and tomatoes and eggplants. I confess I was very disappointed in the critters. Until I noticed the little black and white cat, whom I began to call Snagglepuss, lounging on my front steps - laying in wait for a snack. It was then that I decided I can have an outdoor visitor cat, who enjoys working in the yard; and two indoor spinster cats - who do nothing but eat and sleep anyway.

The End.

5 comments:

  1. Check out this cat:

    http://tinyurl.com/5nyxxp

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terry, Snagglepuss looks just like my cat Savannah.
    Belinda, I checked out the link; that's a big kitty! There have been sightings lately of cougars in my neck of the woods, where they haven't been for maybe 100 years.
    Ray, that cat is quite unique (but very cute).

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.