"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Monday, August 18, 2008

A Day in a Monastery

Please pray for a dear friend who enetered monastic life on the feast of the Assumption. He is finding it very difficult to adjust.


  1. I neglected to do spell check - if I want to correct my mistakes I have to go through posting all over again.

  2. I hope he doesn't get too discouraged. I am a lay oblate of St. Benedict. I have found a great deal of peace at the few monasteries I have visited. though I know these are just visits, I often wish to keep the peace I gain from a day in contemplation for longer. Then, I come home and back to a hectic life, in a world that is more and more lacking in good direction. I am thankful for my monastic friends.It is like having my compass reset to True North.

  3. I've always felt an attraction to monaqsteries, but I didn't know it was a monastery that I desired. It's almost like being thirsty for the first time and finding water by accident.

    I will pray for your friend.

  4. Deer Mester Tery, I thinck thaat thees men ar onederful ,and aftir a sumer withe my chilldran I ame loosin watts lefft of my minde. Oh howe I envey a liffe liik thers.Oh howe I longe to liv quietlley, and simplie. I haate stuf soo maebee I woold fitte inn. Watt I envie moost is that noo one is yeling at anieone. Nor ar thay wackin each othirr around. Watt beutifal peeple!! I luv theese menn.
    Oh howe I desirre a closir walke withe Jesus ,butt I cann't heare himm ovr al of the nois.Pleese God savve mee.
    Thancks fore sharin Tery.

    ( Seriously ,I would have never caught your spelling errors until you pointed it out, I love it when you make mistakes cause then I don't feel so very stupid (cause I really am, my father said so for years!). I like that your human ,and not a computer screen. I think that it is charming when you goof. I was just having a little fun with you. I hope you know that. God bless you. Belinda :)
    Oops! I forgot to use spell check too!


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.